Oct 28, 2011

Fostering Puppies and Awards!

This week has been really busy for me. I volunteered to foster two puppies for two and a half days while their caretaker was away. He's more angel than care taker. Currently he has 19 animals that he is taking care of. (Yes that's right EIGHTEEN! I only had two pups and I am dead by the end of it.) Of the ninteen, 14 are his own (they include dogs, cats, guinea pigs, rabbits, puppies and kittens). I didn't realize how much goes into taking care of puppies. They sleep a lot, but when they are up and about they are all over the place. It is a lot  of fun to see the silly things they get scared of, the crazy lengths they go to just to get what they want and the most adorable is the way they intently listen to what you are saying by tilting their heads from side to side. By the end of two days I was as attached to them as they were to me.



Here is my excuse for the lack lustre Vegan MoFo performance last week! What's yours?
  

 Pulling at my camera strap!





The exceptional Richa of Hobby and More, the wonderful Sarah of Winged Snail and the amazing Louise of Louise by Degrees  were kind enough to honour me and so many other bloggers with the 'Liebster Award' (Liebster in German means 'dearest' or 'beloved')! My blog has never gotten an award! So THANK YOU SO MUCH Richa, Sarah and Louise!!


More than an award it is an appreciation of friendship over food. It is so nice to be connected to so many people who I have never met and who share the love of food, specially vegan food. There are so many deserving food bloggers out there sharing their hard work with millions of people. What do they get in return? For me it is when people try out the recipes and tell me how much they liked it, or call me up in the middle of making the recipe with a 'Help!' or experiment with new ingredients. Everyone makes the recipe their own and that is what I love about food. You may have read millions of cookbooks and blogs but you get the most out of it when you make the recipe your own.


The idea behind the award is to give recognition to blogs that have less than 200 followers. Here is what you do when your blog is nominated for an award:
1. Show your thanks to those who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2. Link to 5 of your top picks and let them know they've been nominated by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Post the the award on your blog.
4. Enjoy the love and support of some wonderful people on the interweb!


http://aucklandvegan.wordpress.com/ : Who writes about the lovely food she eats from her travels and her home town
http://grimconfetti.blogspot.com/ : A vegan mom with the cutest little 4 year old who cooks up some yum food I'd love to eat!
http://myveganlondon.wordpress.com/ : Giving us the vegan scoop from London.
http://www.emmakat79.blogspot.com/ : For some lovely photos and the cutest fanged pumpkins!
http://vegfortworth.com/ : Whose Marmite-baked Chickpeas I'd love to try!


It's been a busy week for me and tomorrow I head south for a power packed weekend which includes a vegan lunch meeting at an organic restaurant and the Metallica Concert!



1 comment:

  1. Awww puppy puppyyy! wow 19 animals.. i have an adopted super naighty pom and we foster once in a while.. and those 2 are enough to rule the house! and they r not even puppies..
    Have a great weekend! nothing better than some unconditional love from the cuties!
    Richa @ Hobby And More Food Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...