Nov 2, 2011

A Vegan Lunch in Bangalore

A whirlwind weekend trip to Bangalore got me to meet all the lovely vegans who live in the city with the most awesome weather! It was a vegan buffet at In the Pink, an organic vegetarian restaurant. The menu was customized for us and what a spread we had. A lot of great food, a lot of great new friends and lots of talking.

It was very hard for me to click pictures because one, I was hungry and two there were so many new people, I absolutely had to meet them! Unfortunately I forgot to click a picture with all of them! Sigh.

That Saturday was well spent!

My plate (Before) : Pumpkin Ravioli in a Bechamel sauce, Veggie Pizza, Falafels, Hummus, Potato Salad, Tabouleh, Cucumber Peanut Salad, Chilli Bhajjis, Curd Rice


My plate (After)

Dessert: Strawberry and Lemongrass Pudding
There was also a chocolate soymilk ice cream

Pretty Vegan!

No points for guessing what this means! It's not that difficult.





2 comments:

  1. hi rithika , nice to see your blog, I am also on the journey to becum a complete vegan ,have started, so discovering more and more each day..like your experience in banglore ,do we have any restaurants like above in Mumbai for organic vegan food? like you I am also from Mumbai :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!

      Mumbai doesn't have any organic vegan restaurants but some restaurants have vegan menus and most of the others will accommodate your request for vegan pizza or pasta. Most of the SE Asian vegetarian food is vegan. Ray's Pizzeria in Bandra west has vegan pizza and a vegan sandwich on the menu. It is basically a pizza without cheese. There is a new organic restaurant (Bird Song Café) that has a few vegan options. I haven't been there yet.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...